When it comes to selecting an employee benefits vendor, there’s a lot of pressure to get it right. Both the business and the employees of the business are counting on you to find a solution that delivers value and meets needs. The request for proposal (RFP) process helps benefits administrators and procurement professionals select the perfect provider. However, common pitfalls in the employee benefits RFP process can make it time-consuming, complex and costly.
So, before you embark on your next benefits RFP, explore these seven tips to help make the process easier.
7 ways to simplify picking your next employee benefits vendor
- Define scope and stick to it
- Prioritize user experience
- Consider ease of integration
- Communicate your current state
- Embrace a collaborative evaluation process
- Prepare to be transparent
- Leverage RFP software
With a strategic approach, you’ll be prepared to pick the best provider for your business.